Re: humidity & how our cars run

To: "MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET" <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: humidity & how our cars run
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:17:00 -0800 (PST)
Setting the timing will cause more of the HCs to burn off in the exhaust.
Leaning out reduces the HCs and raising the RPM to about 1100 allows your
engine to run at a speed that it breaths a bit better and burns fuel more
efficiently. Regapping the plugs wider would give a fatter spark which would
help but would only work if you had a higher output coil (which would fry
your points system unless you had EI which explains why that later cars with
EI have wider spark gap). I wouldn't bother regapping. Lean out the carb
till it caughs and then turn back a tad. If you can do all this on a gas
analyzer it would be best. Disconnect and plug the vacuum advance.
Chris Reichle