Re: taut tonneaus

To: dhall@vcd.hp.com
Subject: Re: taut tonneaus
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:58:43 -0500
>Does Armor All really cause shrinkage of
>vinyl??  (He asks as he has recently soaked
>his Midget tonneau...)  I might have
>one for your collection in a few months!

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think the notion of armor
all shrinking vinyl is nuts.  I've never heard of it other then in this
particular mail group.  I've used it, as have zillions of others,
without a mysterious shrinkage problem that seems to beset certain mg
owners only.  Myself, I quit using armorall because it's kinda sticky.
I prefer stp sonofagun.  I've used these sorts of things for years to
turn rock hard brittle pieces of rubber and plastic into pliable things
again.  And had great success at keeping things from splitting when in
the sun for years on end.