5-speed conversion

To: Mark.D.JOERGER@state.or.us
Subject: 5-speed conversion
From: RFeibusch@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:20:18 -0500 (EST)
Mark Joerger writes:
I've heard reference to a Spridget/Nissan 5 speed conversion kit offered by
Rivergate Restorations in Tennessee.  Does anyone know details on this kit?
 Are they resellers for one
of the other manufacturers (Mini Mania, Mini Motors), or is
this their own?- Mark Joerger
                 Westfield Eleven (with bad tranny)
                 www.open.org/joerger/

Dear Mark - I've used the Morriservice1275/Datsun
conversion in a Minor with great results. Carefull as to
what gearbox you use.  The real early B210 boxes are
close ratio but have a weird shift pattern and a "lower" overdrive. Later
boxes (210) came bolted to bigger
engines and had wider ratios and a quieter overdrive
ratio. Contact: Paul Asgeirsson at 503-452-0432 in
Portland, OR. for more information.
Here in LA I've seen a Westfield 11 with a complete Alfa engine and trans
installed, 'sposed to be real fast!
See you on the Funway!
Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser