Re: The shrinking tonneau affair, and a moonlight drive!

To: dhall@vcd.hp.com, dr-doug@msn.com
Subject: Re: The shrinking tonneau affair, and a moonlight drive!
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 06:01:30 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-26 00:20:27 EST, dhall@vcd.hp.com (David Hall)
writes:

<< Last Night, I put the top down re-attached the
 tonneau (which fit just fine - must be growing
 at the same rate as the car :) and went for a
 moonlight / starlight drive.  What a wonderfull
 time!  Cool air blowing through my hair, clear
 sky above me.  WooHooo!!  I've only had this car
 for about 45 Months now, and this is the first
 top down nightime drive!  Can't wait for more
 sunny days! (and nights!) >>

Dave,

Your description of your recent drive remiinded me of a similar experience.

A couple of years ago, in the late Fall, my wife went to visit her mother who
lives in a small town about 75 miles east of Dallas. She went over on a
Friday morning, I was to join her after work that evening and we were to stay
the rest of the weekend. It ended up being about 9:30 PM when I finally left.
It was in the lower 40's and not a cloud in the sky; a clear, crisp night. I
decided to put on the tonneau and enjoy my drive (with the passenger side
covered and the heater on, it is amazing how warm you can be).

Well, once in the country, on a two lane highway with virtually no traffic
and no city lights, the view was fantastic. I could see the Milky Way as I
drove above me, the engine purred and I was doing about 75 to 80 MPH all the
way. Good God, what a memory.

May each of you have this opportunity and when you do, seize it! You will
never forget it. Also, may each of you have as great of a mother-in-law as I
do, too. I've been blessed with that twice in 29 years of marriage (not to
the same woman).

R. Johnson - Dallas