Re: Burned Big Time

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Burned Big Time
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:34:09 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, John McEwen wrote:

> The best solution - which might be possible through our list - is to have
> someone trustworthy, who lives in the area,  examine the car for you.  The

> Perhaps those of us who are able and willing to do this work could identify
> ourselves.  I would be willing to help people in my area.

  I'll look at any prospect within an hour's drive of the Lehigh Valley
  area(PA)... more if homebrew if involved.  As a matter of fact, last year
  when Jeremy DuBois was in the market for a TR3 (I have no earthly idea
  *why*, but thats another kettle of fish) I took a short roadtrip to
  eyeball a prospect that he had found.  The owner thought it was a weird
  arrangement, but was very polite and let me photograph the car- inside,
  outside, engine bay, boot, etc.  I made a page or two of notes, and sent
  the film off to Jeremy with an idea of what I thought a fair price would
  be. (Jeremy and I agreed upfront that he would not tell me the asking
  price, so as to not influence my idea of a 'fair price')

  The owner was very sentimental toward this car- he wouldnt let me drive
  it and insisted on driving *me* around the neighborhood.  That act in
  itself spoke volumes to me about how serious he was (or wasnt) about
  selling the car.  I dont know what he was asking, but I suspect it was
  a fair amount more than other 3's in similar condition.

  Jeremy- are you out there??  How is the TR3 that you eventually found?

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA