Re: Parts Suppliers (Scarborough Faire Complaints)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers (Scarborough Faire Complaints)
From: "Drive-by Shooter" <fsdcr@aurora.alaska.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:46:32 +0000
> Yep.  My sentiments exactly.  Pretty much same story, maybe worse.  I
<snip>
> Also had some poor quality parts from them.

<rant>
Geez.  makes me almost glad I decided to just eat the loss, lucky
mine wasn't anything super expensive.  It's really a shame too, since
my dad had been ordering from them for at least 15 years before it
happened, and had gotten some good deals.  What still annoys me about
the whole thing wasn't the fact that I wasted 50 bucks on a
lousy part, but the way I was treated on the phone.  They acted as if
they were doing me a favor by even talking to me.  A little off
topic, but I will also add that living in Alaska this sort of thing
was once common when buying via mail order; many suppliers figure
correctly that they can offload defective inventory on Alaskans since
usually there isn't a great deal of recourse.  It has gotten much
better in the last few years though.
</rant>

Anyhow one other thing I would like to add:  I just discovered this
list a few days ago, but I would like to thank everybody for getting
me thinking about working on my LBC again.  I haven't been able to do
much with it for a few years, but now I am looking forward to tearing
into it again, and since I graduate in a couple of months I will
actually have the time again.  8^)

Del Rawlins                          "Screw the Government"  |
fsdcr@aurora.alaska.edu             --Legends of the Fall    |
http://icecube.acf-lab.alaska.edu/~fsdcr/                    |