Re: Interiors

To: Rlbbs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Interiors
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@srv2.ic.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 10:28:45 -0500
Rlbbs@aol.com wrote:

> I'm in the process of changing the torn seat covers on my 79 MGB and I'm not
> sure of the type glue to use and where to apply it on the foam.  Anyone been
> there and done this?  Appreciate any and all help.  Thanks.

I did my seats three years ago, and didn't use any glue (per the
instructions from the Vicky B article on recovering seats - somthing I
highly recommend reading).  The look fine 3 years later.  Seems to me
that glue just increases the probability of screwing up the job, and it
will prevent adjustments if they don't look "just right" after the first
attempt.  I am sure that someone else has a differing opinion, but thats
my two cents worth.

Regards,

Chris Delling