Want Austin Tank

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Want Austin Tank
From: RFeibusch@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 10:52:38 -0500 (EST)
From: MOMBARI@aol.com
Subject: Austin gas tank

Found this on another list, Can anyone help?

I need a Fuel tank for a '52 Austin Somerset. I seem to
have trouble sending e-mail to the Britcar list as I've
sent many messages there and have only seen one or
two of my postings. My fuel tank looks like the
constellations such it's condition. I am almost ready
to get it running and the fuel tank is the last major hurdle
to running condition.
So far I've contemplated making a new one, installing a fuel cell in the
original tank, but both are very expensive. Please e-mail if you have any
suggestions. Thanx all, Roland.

Roland - I know of a few folk who are Austin nuts out here
in CA. The first is Rob Stuart of Manhattan Beach <robstu@ix.netcom.com>
 (310-372-7649).
He has a bunch of A40s and parts galore. Though he
collects only A40 Devons and Dorsets, I think
that the tanks might be interchangable with the later
Somersets. Another idea source might be Randy Williams
of Marina del Rey (310-827-2727)who now has only one
Austin, an A40 Van and a bunch of Morrises, but might be
able to set you in the right direction.  A Morris minor or
MGA tank probably would be small enough to fit.
Good Luck!     See you on the Funway!
Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
http://www.EnglishCars.com/rick.html