The World

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The World
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:05:42 +1000 (EST)
An early morning swimming mate of mine has given me the following which
might be of interest to some of you:

                        A SUMMARY OF THE WORLD

     If we could shrink the Earth's population to a village of precisely
     100 people. With all existing human ratios remaining the same, it
     would look like this:

      There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western
      Hemisphere (North and South) and 8 Africans.

      51 would be female; 49 would be male

      70 would be non-white; 30 white.

      70 would be non-Christian; 30 Christian.

      50% of the entire world's wealth would be in the hands of only 6
      people and all 6 would be citizens of the United States.

      80 would live in substandard housing.

      70 would be unable to read.

      50 would suffer from malnutrition.

      1 would be near death , 1 would be near birth

      Only 1 would have a college education.

      No one would own a computer.

      When one considers our world from such an incredibly compressed
      perspective, the need for both tolerance and understanding becomes
      glaringly apparent........

Paul