Introduction & hoods

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Introduction & hoods
From: Bob Holton <bholton@golden.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 20:26:05 -0500
Hello MG listers,

I've been following this group for many months and have enjoyed its info and
purpose. My name is Bob Holton, I live in Elmira, Ontario Canada, and I'm
the much too happy owner of a 80 B LE.  The lbc purrs like a cat (can I say
that here?) and with this groups help I intend to keep it that way.  This is
my 3rd. MG, a 68 B was first, followed by a 70 Midget while I was in the
U.S.Army.  Both were driven to death, the only excuse I can use for their
poor care, was my youth.  I have seen the light(just too late for those
dearly departed).

I have invested in a few books: Haynes, one by Jim Tyler, Original MGB by
Clausager, and even a manual on Stromberg Carbs.  My manual by Bentley is
still on back order, and in all of these publications I can't seem to find
anything on (here comes the new guy question) hoods.  The other MG's tops
were easy to fold down, the 68 came right off, and the Midget went down like
a dream.  What, if I may be so bold, is the proper way to get this rascal
down smoothly and in a compact manner,  this more than likely sound pretty
silly, but I've had a couple Jack Daniel's and now have the nerve to ask
something silly.  If any one can help or lead me down the road to
righteousness I would be most greatful.  While I'm on hoods, is there a way
to remove scuff on the vinyl windows, thats how good a job I've been doing
on folding it down(the scuffs are'nt bad but keep reminding me of the bad
fold jobs)

Sorry to take so much space but I do need a plan. Also living in Canada I
know better that to take a run at the "French" thread.

Regards,and thanks

Bob

P.S. Hi to the MGGUY, Rock and Roll is still good in Ontario.