B scouting

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B scouting
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 15:56:58 -0600 (CST)
For all who are interested, Eileen and I when scouting Bs today in New
Haven, CT. Met Bob Kilpatrick and am pleased to report that he is
truely a man of integrety and a salt of the earth enthusiast. He was
bit by the MG bug over thirty years ago and still talks about them like
a teenager who just got his first car. Mega vintage racing knownlege
and experience also. After 2 years of driving up and down the mid and
northern Atlantic coast looking at cars described in phone conversation
as "good" and "rust free" only to arrive and find basket cases, today
was a very refreshing experience. I saw 70 BGT, 73 B, 74 chrome B, 76
B, 80 B LE and an 80 B all of these are in varying degrees of needing
relatively (when you consider what they can be had for) minor
restoration work and some only needing cosmetics. I offered a straight
trade of my 66 B, needing engine rebuild but have real solid body and
factory hardtop for the 80 B having a sound drive train but needing
lower body rust repair. Appears to be what I need for my daily driver
wishes. Wish I could just get one of my project cars road worthy but
with the 75 B coming out of shop soon and new job's wages just enough
to survive the only chance I have at getting a decent daily driver is a
trade.

Almost forgot the 60 MGA 1600 in very sound shape for $4,200. If any of
this interests any of you Bob's e-mail address is fmrglry@aol.com

On return trip Eileen and I were trilled to find the newly opened
Cracker Barrel off exit 40 of Rt 95. Good eating at a great price. We
had not eaten at one since a Florida road trip several years ago.

Great day, all in all and believe I was over due for one. Safety Fast,
David Deutsch