Using a lighting board makes my indicators strange....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Using a lighting board makes my indicators strange....
From: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:26:44 GMT
Strange title, strange effect.  I built a lighting board over
the weekend to use when I'm carrying a bike on the back of
my midget - it has a numberplate, and a set of lights, all
connected via a 7-way plug to the cars electrics.

Everything works fine apart from the indicators.  When they're
connected, the indicators flash very quickly, and not anywhere
near as bright as normal.  I'm putting this down to the fact
that having two sets of rear indicator bulbs in parallel
instead of the normal one makes the resistance less, and so
the flasher heats up quicker, and flashes at a quicker rate.

So, what can I do, apart from disconnecting the normal indicators
when I'm carrying the bikes and lighting board ?

Anyone else had similar experiences ?

Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.            | a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Computational Imaging Science.    | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
9th Floor, Capital House          | tel. : 0171 940 9103
42 Weston Street, London SE1 3QD. | fax. : 0171 378 7480

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.