BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/WINMAIL.DAT/i"

To: mgs
Subject: BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: global taboo body match "/WINMAIL.DAT/i" at line 22
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 03:18:43 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Wed Feb 26 20:14 EST 1997
     From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BHeightsNJ.ncr.com>
     Subject: 5-speed conversion

I have seen references to this kind of conversions in Hemmings.  Does
anyone know if there is such a kit for the MGB?

Yes  - Novus out in California sell a complete kit (just add
transmission). You have to get a gearbox from a Datsun 280Z from a
specific year. Novus sell the adopter kit, read yoke, new cross-member,
 Datsun clutch etc.....

I will probably take this route at the in the near future. I have priced
out OD gearboxes and rebuild costs and decided that the conversion comes
out about the same BUT the Datsun gearbox will probably not need
rebuilding in my lifetime !!!!

gerry
PS - a junkyard near me was selling the gearboxes for $45 and the price
for the conversion is $600 (?)