Electric Fuel Pumps

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electric Fuel Pumps
From: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 09:50:54 -0600
I plan to put an electric fuel pump that I got from Whitney's on my C.
One of the club members that uses this type of pump said that they go
bad after a few years, and that you can tell because the clicking gets
louder when they go bad. Anyone have experience with these inexpensive
(~$32.) pumps.

BTW a while back I mentioned that I thought the Whitney pump was the
same as the Moss one. The comment I question above, was made while
looking at the pump he was installing his current restoration. He uses
them on all his cars (including a V8). I had mine with me and the
Purolator was exactly the same, including the numbers stamped on the
side. The only difference was that his had a sticker on the non number
stamped side. It said Purolator.

Jack