What it's all come to. . . . . . . . .

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What it's all come to. . . . . . . . .
From: RFeibusch@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 08:41:05 -0500 (EST)
A form of this has been going around so I had to rework
it a bit. Sorry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

On automotive engineering:
If a component requires four fasteners to hold it together:

*  The English will use four that are made out of a
dissimular material to the unit and through electrolytic
action will corrode to the point that they can't be
removed without using a drill.
* Italians and French will use three spring clip thingies
that once removed can not be reused and have been
generally unavailable in the United States for at least
fourteen years.
* Germans will use six stainless steel, fine metric
threaded fasteners that, once in place, are protected by
a high grade, semi-transparent, clip on (eight clips) vinyl cover.
* The Americans will make it of ground-up recycled
plastic soft drink containers in Mexico and install it
in Canada and ask for US tax credits. The part will never
fail but at 30,000 mile intervals, it will send a signal
to activate a flashing dashboard warning light that has
to be reset by a factory trained mechanic with a special
tool at the local dealership for about sixty bucks!
* The Japanese will make a factory sealed part out of
black plastic and hide it inside another component.
It will work just fine.

Now you know why they don't let me write about NEW cars.
See you on the Funway!
Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
http://www.EnglishCars.com/rick.html