Re: [cdfowler@atl.mindspring.com: OK, how do I do THIS???!!]

To: mjb@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [cdfowler@atl.mindspring.com: OK, how do I do THIS???!!]
From: glen.christian@juno.com (glen christian)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:01:44 EST
i think you should try the old bolt method. the idea is to get a couple
of bolts about 6 inches long that will fit in the bolt holes for the
spring pan. fit the spring up then the pan, then put the two long bolts
in opposite holes. tighten them a little bit at a time, alternating
between the two. eventually (took me about 20 min.) the pan will meet the
a-arm. at that point you need the bolts that are meant to hold the pan in
place. put them in the other two holes. once you have them tightened down
to spec, release the two long bolts and fit the other two pan bolts and
tighten them to spec. worked for me. this is the poor man's spring
compressor.

luck of the irish to you. once you get them in, enjoy a cool guiness
stout. but only after you get them in :)

Glen Christian
Mechanical Engineer Graduate in search of Work
glen.christian@juno.com