Re: Missouri Endurance Rally (WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE SERIOUS)

To: "Unger, Larry G @ MAN" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Missouri Endurance Rally (WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE SERIOUS)
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:46:00 +0000
Lemme see: Unpleasent, disgusting, chronic insulting, pious air of
superiority. Maybe there is something to this.

All we gotta add is selective memory, squealer, and trouble-maker and we
got Larry pegged!

Now what is the emoticon for na-ne-na-ne-naa-naa?

****************

To Mr. Gaylord:

Of my humble skills, and limited experiences, I must admit that
competitive autocrossing is not among them. I am in awe, have a lot of
respect, think it's really cool, and all manner of other sucking-up
superlatives that you drive that fine example of ancient British iron as
much, as often, and with as much vigor as you do. It truly is
unfortunate that Mr. Weatherall's event is not an autocross so that I
might learn from the true professional.

At times in the past you would sit down and put some of your experiences
to keyboard and I thought it was wonderful that you would expend that
effort to share your experiences. It almost made it worth logging on and
wading through all the petty insults, mud-slinging, an inapplicable
technical minutiae to find such pearls of wisdom.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind me tagging along behind you on the Endurance
Rally? Thus you can demonstrate the finesse, skill, and knowledge of
spirited, competitive driving in an 'A'. I will keep the C/GT a few feet
off your rear bumper while holding the video camera out the window to
capture the moment for future generations. This could be a great moment
for all of us aspiring rallyists!

Your ardent admirer,
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT