Another insurance question

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another insurance question
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:50:51 -0500 (EST)
Greetings,

I wish I had paid closer attention to the auto insurance thread a while back.
 I had decided to go with State Farm with my MGA, since they've provided good
service in the past.  I used them with my GT6 and they wrote me a policy just
like my other family cars.  But with my MGA, they demand that I have the car
appraised prior to obtaining any coverage.  State Farm doesn't provide an
appraisal service so I checked with a local appraiser.  The man wants $100 to
tell me what my car is worth!!  I said, sorry bub!!

I called J.C. Taylor, but learned that the car can only be driven to club
events.  No golf course, no  trip to the store, no occasional drive to work,
no taking the neighbor kids for a ride, no Saturday morning drives in the
country!!  Pretty scary!!

I then decided to call some other classic car insurance companies and found
two that have reasonable prices and decent coverage.  They both stress club
events only, but will allow an occasional pleasure drive, but no trips to
work.  One is American Collectors Insurance Inc., they gave me a quote of
$101 annually for my MGA.  The other company was Great American Insurance,
they quoted me an annual fee of $112.  And no appraisal for either company,
they asked me what the car was worth and I told them.  Anyone have any
experience with these two?

Thanks, (and sorry for bringing this tired old subject up again)

Scott