Re: Brake Conversion.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake Conversion.
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 12:13:52 -0800
Kevin:
        The 58 Varitone had cancer in all four doors, the B posts and
more importantly in the rear deck where the factory had hacked out the
steel for the rear window.  I was sad to see it go.  The 56 had been
badly restored once already.  I was able to salvage the doors, hood and
one fender.  Both cars were missing engines and had very poor interiors.
 Neither were salable and I could not store them.  All I can hope is
that they have gone to a happier place.
        When you are shopping, decide what you are going to do with the
car.  If you want originality get the best car you can afford.  If you
want to have fun, buy cheap and fix.  I was very lucky, I found a 65,000
mile partially restored car for a reasonable price.  But I figure I will
end up with $1500 worth of interior leather and carpet minimum!

Kelvin.