FW: Soapbox

To: mgs
Subject: FW: Soapbox
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:43:08 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /\buns\w*b/i at line 6]

     Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 23:06:59 -0500
     From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
     Subject: Soapbox

Sitting here, having ground through 40+ messages regarding Dimbulbs,
Modems, and Computer Geeks, I find myself asking the question - what the
hell are we doing this for?  Reminds me of a lot of other crap that has
happened on the list over the last few months.

I considered unsubscribing from the list, not because I am offended by
what is going on, cuz I'm not, but rather because I feel that there is
such a tremendous waste of time and bandwidth out there.  Like most of
cyberspace I'm afraid.  I benefit from the technical and spiritual sides
of our LBC banter, and I will just have to figure out a way to filter
out all the other bullshit.

But here is a thought for all to consider.  I think it is a damn shame
that we seem to be losing people who have a lot to offer the group.  If
we try to limit our discussions to LBC's, a lot of this problem goes
away.  And check your ego's at the door folks - don't take everything as
a personal attack.

As for newbies, ask all the questions you want.  That's really what
we're here for!

Seems that a lot of this bullshit will go away with the winter, when we
can drive and enjoy are cars again.

Regards

Chris Delling