Rust

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rust
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:47:59 -0800
Thanks to all for the seminar on rust and its removal. The trend was
luke warm toward chemical rust removers. I agree, and have developed the
80/20 rule for stripping and derusting panels. The chemical approach
(I'm using Aircraft stripper and navel jelly) gets about 80% of the
stuff in 20% of the time. Then mechanical abrasives, disc, sandpaper,
scrapers, etc., get the remaining 20% and take 80% of the time, The
T-type MG hood side panels are a real bear to get the louvres perfectly
clean.

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA