re: body filler

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: body filler
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:30:39 -0700 (MST)
On the subject of body filler, I am finding quit a bit of
filler under the paint on the TD, also grinding marks. The
filler is white and I am wondering if it was put on
at the factory. Was this standard practice back then? I find
that if I strip a panel down to bare metal removing the filler,
it is very hard to get it flat again. Did they have bondo back
then, or was filler some other material?

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting