RE: Car Polishes

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Car Polishes
From: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:49:02 -0600
The PO of my C had the paint done at Maaco, and did not have the rubbing
out done. No one will touch it because they don't know how much paint is
on the car, and they are afraid they will rub through to the primer (if
there is any). The only one who said he would do it was a teenager, and
even he backed off (for reasons unknown).

It was suggested that I use a colored wax. I looked at the labile on the
Turtle Wax bottle, and it did say it filled in scratches. That would
take care of the rough surface of the paint, but I would always have to
use it. I probably would start with an abrasive cleaner, if I can find
one.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Jack