Re: Seat covers and interior kits

To: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seat covers and interior kits
From: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@odin.cbu.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 02:09:34 -0600
At 02:38 PM 3/26/97 -0500, Peter Schauss x 2014 wrote:
>My questions:
>3.  Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about other suppliers?
>
>Interior panels (doors, front kick panels ...):
>
>1.  Are the kits supplied by Moss preassembled with the vinyl already
>glued to the backing panels, or do you have to cut the stuff out and
>glue it on to your old ones?
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>Peter Schauss

I don't know about Moss, but the Proper MG up in the Northeast has some
very good prices and the quality is quite good.  The man I talk to over the
phone said that most of his parts are imported from the UK, and the parts
are quite close to original.  Grab a Hemmings and look him up.

Another question for those of you out there:  Has anyone purchased the
leather seat kits from Prestige in England?  For $299, I think the price
can't be beat, but how about quality and fit?  I have no problems taking my
seats out and wrestling with them as long as the leather is decent quality
and looks original.  If I don't have any replies, I just might buy them and
try them out.  And then report back to you guys.

Jay