Re: Seat covers and interior kits

To: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seat covers and interior kits
From: "Robert C. Galli" <rcgalli@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:16:46 -0600

>My questions:
>
>1.  How is the quality of the kit which Moss sells?

  I put new covers on my '78 B.  Really wasn't too much trouble, althoug I
screwed up one seat by using a 3M spray adhesive.  I "complained" to Moss
that they did not suggest or supply the "proper" glue.  They did, but on a
page many pages away from the seat covers.  But, I digress.  Once I got the
right stuff (and Moss was kind enough to split a seat cover set to replace
the one I bunged up), it went on pretty easily.  VB has included a nice
color insert in their catalogue within the past year or so which provides a
pretty good description of the process.

>2.  What is involved in replacing seat covers?  Is it simply a matter
>of removing the old ones and slipping the new ones over the seat foams
>or will I need to fuss with clips, staples, or rivits?

  No and NO.  Put strips of plastic (about 4" wide) across the top and down
the sides  of the foams so the covers slide down.  From here, I forget te
details I'm ot of town for a while).

>3.  Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about other suppliers?

  Guess I'm kind of partial to Moss (see above).

>Interior panels (doors, front kick panels ...):
>
>1.  Are the kits supplied by Moss preassembled with the vinyl already
>glued to the backing panels, or do you have to cut the stuff out and
>glue it on to your old ones?

  No cutting - covers are basically assembled but need to be slid over,
fitted and glued to the foams/seat backing panel.

Let me know if you would like me to try to locate te VB inserts and I'll be
happy to copy (B&W) and mail to you.

Regards
Bob Galli
rcgalli@ix.netcom.com