Missouri Endurance Run/Midget 5 Speed ???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Missouri Endurance Run/Midget 5 Speed ???
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:51:58 -0500 (EST)
Wow! Robin Weatherall and the St. Louis MG Club put together a great Rally.

My partner on the rally, Bill Hedrick, and I would like to express our thanks
to David & Bill Darby, and Barney Gaylord & Mark Joslyn who were kind enough
to transport us to where we could get transportation back home after
suffering a broken or possibly bent valve in Bill's Midget. We're heading
back tomorrow with a pickup and trailer to retrieve "MRBILL 3" and return him
to Downers Grove for damage assessment.

That leads to a question to the list - Does anyone have specs on Toyo/Datsun
5 speed conversions for the Midget? Specifically, what kind of MPH per 1000
RPM in 5th. Bill is rather keen on checking into such conversions after last
weekend's result for us possibly having something to do with running at 5000
RPM to do 70 for 12 hours at a stretch.

Again, it was a great weekend. Nice to meet some of the people behind the
screen names on the MGs list. Nice to see the cars they're talking about and
great to cruise some great Midwestern roads.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL