Re: [Fwd: Re: MOWOG Mania!]

To: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: MOWOG Mania!]
From: Geoff Love <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:42:35 -0500
Leckstein wrote:

> At 06:32 PM 3/27/97 +0000, Paul Hunt wrote:
> >
> >There was (is?) a building brick manufacturer in the UK called London Brick
> >that >>>>SNIP>>>>
> Mike>

Alas, the London Brick Company, like the Abingdon MG factory is no more. It was
situated
in a county called Bedfordshire, next to Oxfordshire where MGs used to be, and
was a
landmark for miles around the rather flattish countryside, because of the
dozens of
tall brick kiln chimneys all arranged in neat rows for acres and acres.  In my
gliding
days in the UK we pilots used to use those chimneys as navigation points when
attempting
cross country flights.  The chimneys were demolished some 20 or more years ago.
 It was
turned into a media event for TV in that the chimneys were blown up in a
sequence to
match the rhythm of a popular song of the day, whose title I now forget.
However, the
resulting film made amusing viewing, until the fact sank in that yet another
part of the
British country side was disappearing. Perhaps the Abingdon factory's
demolition theme
song should have been Chopin's Funeral March.

Unfortunately owing to an inadvertent balls up I made when using this gadget, I
have had
to have some one completely reload all my software and reconfigure my computer,
with the
resultant loss of all info.  Would those of you who had responded directly to
me
concerning enquiries about heat shields for MGTDs, please do so again, so I may
give you
the courtesy of a reply.  Thanks.

Geoff Love, The English Connection.