Re: Tyres & Smog

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tyres & Smog
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:39:56 -0500 (EST)
At 11:20 AM 3/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Digest-ers,
>
>Just a few comments about a few comments:

     <<snip>>

> Maybe it was just as well that the MGB was discontinued in 1980. Imagine a
>Lucas computerized engine management system!?  They would have had to replace
>at least a few of the diodes with relays that would require cleaning with 400
>grit sandpaper once a month, not to mention a "bullet" connector grounding
>wire that would crud up and stop grounding.  See you on the Funway!
>
>Rick Feibusch

===Reply===

Actually, of course, there is.  I also subscribe to the Jaguar list, and
there's a discussion going on about making the engine-management system of
late-80s XJS V-12's work right.  I swear to God, these must have been
written by electrical engineers.  The most recent postings make my brain
hurt.  Give me SU's!

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com