Crazy day/new job/do I type too much?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crazy day/new job/do I type too much?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 20:53:08 -0600 (CST)
So I pulled the hard top off the red 66B and went for a ride. Got right
on the highway and it was GREAT!!! Last two attempted outing were
disasters lasting less than 1/2 each before loss of brakes on one try
and igition trouble on next. Anyway there I was thinking how can I let
this go and I returned home and called Dave Clark and cancelled the
deal for trade of Austin and worked out a cash and parts trade deal. Go
back out and try to start the car again and it was real stubborn get on
the road and smoke start pouring out the exhaust with each
acceleration. try the brakes and they locked up on me. Back to driveway
hitting myself in head for killing deal to be rid of this money pit.
Decided to move two other white Bs in driveway around so they can be
worked on easier. All of a sudden I heard a voice from road "hey, would
sell the red one?" Answer: "$1,400"   come back: "$1,000"  Answer:
"$1,200" result: one done deal. Got the cash  he got the car. By the
way this guy claims he presently has 36 MGs stored on his mom's
property near Cortland, NY.

Mentioned my new job and got lots of "what is it?" mail. Answered a few
but have lost track of who was and wasn't answered so I'll tell you
all. I start next Wednesday as the estimator for a small Plumbing /
Construction company about 15 miles from home. I make my own hours and
appointments and can work for 5 A.M. till noon one day and from noon
till 7 P.M. the next. They have no objection to my working at home on
occassion. I will need to be productive but it is nice to have
flexablity.

Finally: the Austin is coming home Monday. The 75B's finish date is
pushed back to Saturday the 5th of April. Few undetected problems to
iron out including broken rear shock link and carb trottle shaft
replacement. Am I babbling again, thanks for hang in to the end. Safety
Fast, David Deutsch