$.10 repairs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: $.10 repairs
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 13:15:49 EST
The heater valve on my MGB finally gave out on my trip home for Easter.
Faced with a $40 expenditure for such a mundane, worthless in the summer
part, I cut a piece of 1/4 metal to a rectangle of 1" by 2".  I drilled
two holes in the metal, and effectively blanked off (temporarily, of
course) the heater outlet.  By my calculations, the $.10 piece of metal
saved me 400%!

On the wayback to school  yesterday, I saw a Spitfire sitting on the side
of the road for sale.  I stopped to look (I had to, it was an LBC) and
was appalled at what I saw.  Underneath the maroon metal flake paint job,
some back-yard red neck had cut louvers into the bonnett.  I admit, the
idea was probably a good one, but his execution was terrible.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke