Alternator conversion

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alternator conversion
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:33:03 -0800 (PST)
I would like to change from my generator and regulator system to an
alternator with built-in regulator.  I have seen conversions using Lucas
alternators and I have seen a Mitsubishi one mentioned.
However, I would like to use one for an american car because they should
be cheap and readily available.
Does anyone know which one would fit pretty well?

I don't really want to ask the parts man if I can go behind the counter an
unpack all of his alternators...

                                                           '67 Sprite