Carb Problems

To: "'mg'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carb Problems
From: Randy Rees <randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:22:55 -0800
Well I have been working on the new 67 GT and after 13 years sitting in
a garage, with only a new battery and some new fuel it cranked right up,
great oil press and all.

Now for the problem. It runs real rough and if I spray carb cleaner in
the rear carb it runs real smooth and speed up. if I spray the front
carb it has no effect. Already checked for vacuum leaks and cleaned out
the float bowls. If I press on the gas pedal the engine nearly stalls
and the front carb spits out all sorts of gas and starts to backfire.

 PO says the car ran ( and Autocrossed) and was parked in hopes of
restoration, only body work was started. Could the timing be off? Carbs
out of adjustment? It should not need these things but hey 13 years is a
long time.

P.S. I also checked the plugs and points and cleaned off all contacts.