Re: Smogging the B (a success story)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Smogging the B (a success story)
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 19:18:33 -0800
Just wanted to let the list know that my early '74 B passed its biennial
smog test. All I did was make sure that all the proper smog equipment was
in place and working; made sure I had a fresh change of 20W-50W oil; had a
full tank of Chevron Supreme; had the carbs leaned out; detuned the timing
to about 8 degrees BTDC instead of the usual 19; had a new battery (Group
26, sure works better than the old 6V duals!). So, I have made sure that
the car is now back in shape for best performance, and Big Daddy California
will allow me to drive the B for 2 more years; unless of course they change
the rules along the way! By the way, the test results are now transmitted
electronically (via modem I assume) to Sacramento. There is no
"certificate" to mail in. But, there is now an $8.00 charge for a
"certificate"!!! Leave it to the government to get away with that!
Bye for now,

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw