Trunk Junk

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trunk Junk
From: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 08:23:15 -0600
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> << If you go to your local super hardware store or contractor supplier you
> will
>  probably be able to find a product called Duct-Seal.  It's a grey putty,
>  much like plasticine with excellent adhesive and water resistant properties.
>  It comes in a brick about 10" x 4" x1", should be enough to do a car and a
>  half. You tear off a chunk, knead it till it becomes soft then form it
>  around what ever you want to seal up. It holds it's position but won't
>  harden to a brittle mass. >>

I used a Duct Seal type product from 3M to mold replacements for all the
plugs and grommets that were missing on the firewall.  It was much
easier to install and eliminated the problem of ordering the correct
part.

Once smoothed, I painted it to match the engine room and it looks
fine... plus I can't see the carpet when I check the oil.

Just a side note. I needed to replace the windshield washer pump motor,
the price was just under $30 the cataloges.  The universal pump motor
from Wal-Mart with hose and fittings, less than $10, works great.  But,
I still hope I never need to use it.
Clark Chilton
80 MGB LE-Cybil
96 Black Lab-Courtney