Miata/MG Advertising

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Miata/MG Advertising
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 11:25:08 EST
I was purusing the latest copy of Automobile magazine in my private
library last night, wishing I had remembered to turn on the exhaust fan,
when I came across an ad for the new "M" edition Miata.  The copy read
"In Our Newest Green You'll Detect Shades of the Past" and the ad shows a
green Miata with a tan interior.  What caught my eye was the fuzzy black
and white picture that took up the upper third of the full page ad.  It
was a picture that was obviously modern, but made to look vintage.  It
showed a brunette with a big scarf in the cockpit of a roadster that, on
close inspection, was obviously a RHD MGA!

Further, the new color was proudly revealed as *M*arina *G*reen!  Seems
Miata is doing everything it can to convince people that it is the *new*
MG, while Rover continues to contemplate its navel about bringing the
real thing back to the U.S.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX