Can Service Be Too Good?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Can Service Be Too Good?
From: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:33:32 -0600
The folks at Special Interest Car Parts have done it again. The tonneau
cover that came with my C was not made for the car. It had snaps for the
doors, and the mounting for the rear had hardware for the twist
fasteners rather than the lift the dots. It cost about $60 to get it
working which was gladly spent because new covers were over $200.

I had stored the cover inside all winter in hopes of avoiding the car
growth mentioned in a previous thread.  When the cover didn't fit the
first time I needed it, I called SICP and talked to Len. He told me the
cover in the sale flyer ($129.00, reduced from $200), was out of stock
and it would take 6 weeks to get another one. He also told me to leave
the old one in the sun and the car would shrink appropriately. Based on
the information in the previous thread, I didn't believe him and ordered
a new one.

In the interim I  tried what he said, and it worked! I decided to keep
it and figured I had time to cancel the order. When I called later that
week  I was told that the part had shipped the day after I called!

Now the question is should I be p....d? They told me how to solve my
problem, and shipped what I ordered almost six weeks ahead of scheduled.
Great service, or service that is too good?

BTW, if you need a cover for your 69, try them. The listing is
incorrect, since this has pockets for the head rest, and the listing
says 69-70, not the only error in the flyer. (MGC 62-80, indeed)!

Jack