BC Week May 12 - 18

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BC Week May 12 - 18
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:41:07 -0500 (EST)
Grettings everyone,

I recently recieved some questions from fellow listers concerning British Car
Week.  I've been handling them individually but figured that maybe I should
re-send the posting that has been distributed to clubs, newsletters etc...
 One list member asked if this event was being taken seriously?  Well I hope
it is!!  I feel that it is high time we have a common week that is devoted to
all British cars targeted at getting them out on the roads in full force!!
 Mid to late May seems to be a good time to do this, due to weather
conditions throughout the country.  This year  May 12 - 18 was chosen.

This event was concieved from these lists (thank Peter Schauss from the
Healey list for the idea) and hopefully all of us together can keep this
event alive.  I sent a recent posting to the lists but got very few
glitch, or if it was bad timing on my part.  Sending them right before the
Easter Holiday may have been a bad move.   In any case, if any of you have
any plans for BC Week with or without a local club, please share them with
us, we'd like to hear from you.  Enough babbling for now.

See you on the road!!

P.S. If anyone would be interested in maintaining a web page devoted to this
event let me know, the rest of us could submit stories and pictures for
updates from time to time.
----------

Re: The First Annual British Car Week, May 12-18 1997

I'm relaying this information to you from the Scions Of Lucas, which is a
popular British Car enthusiast group on the internet.  In recent months,
topics concerning the future of our beloved old British Cars have surfaced as
well as discussions concerning an article written by Peter Egan in the March
issue of Road And Track magazine.  In this article Mr Egan mentions that he
doesn't see old sports cars on the road anymore.

As a result, we have come up with the idea of an annual British Car Week for
the sole purpose of promoting and enjoying these treasured automobiles.  By
setting aside an annual week celebrated by enthusiasts of all British car
marques, we will enhance all aspects of this fine tradition of driving and
enjoying these cars.  This will help ensure continued enthusiasm for these
cars as one entire group regardless of marque, and allow the rest of the
world, who do not normally attend British Car events, a chance to see them
out on the roads in unison.

The participation of this event is quite simple, just get your British cars
out on the roads and drive them as much as you can during this week, and feel
free to continue for the rest of the driving season!

We are asking all individuals who receive this notification to please promote
the First Annual British Car Week in whatever way they can.

Thanks for your participation.

Any questions regarding this can be directed to:

Scott Helms
South Bend, Indiana  USA
E-mail  TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM