Floods on Long Island

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Floods on Long Island
From: "Steve Krane" <skrane@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 97 22:51:43 UT
This is directed to the Weber downdraft folks out there.  Help would be
greatly appreciated.

My 72B with new Weber downdraft was running nearly perfectly with the
exception of a slight hesitation at low revs.  It was also running rich which
was evident from the exhaust fumes.  Soooooo, I thought, let me turn down the
mixture screw to smooth it out.  It runs really smooth now - it stopped and I
can't get it started again.

When trying to start, there is a very evident gas smell, like it's flooded.
Once in a while it tries to start but quickly "pops" and dies again.

Any ideas to get it started without blowing it up would be great.

Thanks,

Steve Krane

I knew I wasn't a rocket scientist, now I also know I'm not a mechanic!!!!!