'78 Midget fuel pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '78 Midget fuel pump
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 01:04:55 -0800
I recently bought two Midgets, a '72 and a '78. The '78 is the closest
to being a driver, so naturally I have been working on that one.
Unfortunatly the manuals I ordered for the cars haven't come yet, so let
me ask a few questions to keep me busy this weekend.

On the '78 there is a electric 'factory' looking fuel pump, on the right
side of the engine compartment, near the fuses. On the left side of the
engine is what looks like a mechanical fuel pump-a diaphram type
 thing. The gas lines are hooked up to the electric pump.
Is this correct?

Where should the stock fuel filter be?

The distributor cap has notches in the cap contacts where it looks like
the rotor has worn away the internal contacts. Is this a sign that the
distributor is worn out? Is this a common problem?

Any recomendations for good mail order parts places, here in America?
Any places to avoid?

All help will be appreciated!
-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"