Re: Violated!

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Subject: Re: Violated!
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 08:43:06 -0500
Sorry to hear of your experience.  There are some advantages to living in
the Great White North.  The street garbage gets frozen in about 3 hours.
Your experience is one of the better examples of why gun control is a
good/bad thing.  If you had been carrying you might be facing a charge.  If
he had been carrying you might be facing something more permanent.  If you
both had been carrying...?  The MG would probably have survived.

You probably should have run and blown the whistle on the phone.  I
probably wouldn't have either.  Talk is cheap but knowing what to do is a
bonus.  Look on the bright side, you suffered no loss, you are more aware
and have the luxury of examining your options for possible future
situations.

I would recommend moving the car to a closed lockup for the next month or
so.  If you can find a garage in the area that's not being used, offer to
rent it.  Find some little old lady at the local church group who has a
garage but no car.  A good-looking college student should be able to cut a
reasonable deal with someone.  Get the car off the street and out of sight
for a while.  If the pigeon is gone the hawk looks elsewhere.

John McEwen