Re: Thinking in a Vacuum -- the thread lives!

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Thinking in a Vacuum -- the thread lives!
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 12:41:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Robert Allen!!

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Robert Allen wrote:

> When I said 'maximum available vacuum' the key was 'available'. I
> believe that you'll find the most vacuum the closer you get to the

Ah come on youse guyz!!  You couldn't be sleeping through ALL your high
school math/physics classes, could you??

Yes, theoretically you WILL find a higher degree of vacuum the closer
you get to the valve, due to so called pumping losses, and induction
pulses, but you won't find any practical, real world difference due to
the fact that the percentage losses are so small.

The same thing goes for the placement of the vacuum takeoff point... as
the engine rpm changes, the optimum point for induction pulse tuning
changes, so you won't find any magic spot that gives you increased
vacuum over the usefull rpm range.

TTUL8r, my server has slowed down to the point of insanity!!
Kikr Cowen