Re: leaking float chamber

To: PLM97@aol.com
Subject: Re: leaking float chamber
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:37:51 -0400
PLM97@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the maintainance help, now I have a real problem.  The front carb
> float chamber is leaking from the bottom where the fuel feed pipe enters.
>  There is a nut at the connection, but I cannot seem to move it.  Do I have
> to remove the whole assembly (carbs, float chamber ect) or just try to loosen
> the nut and re-tighten.
> Also does anyone know exactly what size the nut is (carb is AUD549 - HS2).  I
> think the size is 12mm, but the space is tight & somewhat hidden.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Pennie
> 74 Midget
remove the jet tube from the float - use a 7/16" "line" wrench and
replace the rubber washer on the end of thejet tuve.  i probably have
the pieces in a broken carb kit or we can supply a new carb kit with all
pieces.  thanks, ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!