parts MG v Porsche

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: parts MG v Porsche
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 05:43:59 -0400
My multi car (all MG) hobby has been slowed this spring by the foolish
endeavors of my middle son (age 21)

He will graduate in May with a degree in computer science and is being
chased by national consulting firms. In his wonderful materialistic way, he
bought a used 85 Porsche 911. The car is a rocket ship when it runs, which
hasn't been often in the last four weeks. How he fell into the Prussian
grip as the son of an English car nut is hard to accept, but it reflects
upon the fact that a used 911 was in his reach, and nothing made  in GB can
match it at the same or double the price.

In my day there were Jags that had that exotic look and speed in a two
seater, but only Porsche offer a real snap your neck two seater today.

Well what really gets me is parts. Porsche dealers don't carry any. In a
world of overnight express, the dealers from NY to Pa (13 that I called)
just don't carry simple or complex parts. No exhaust valves, no muffler
brackets, and today I needed two tiny rubber hoses for the idle control.

The answer to anything you want is an air express from Reno Nevada (where
they are hiding everything in case of invasion) at an extra charge, or wait
6 business days. I guess they know that you must have another car for daily
trans, he doesn't.

Bless our MG suppliers who have most of everything, in stock. I  will stick
to MG.

Mike Leckstein