Re: parts MG v Porsche

To: bleckstein@monmouth.net
Subject: Re: parts MG v Porsche
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:41:06 EDT
Mike:-

I, too, in my callow youth, was lured by the teutonic siren.  It was a
six year old 928 that was going for an unbelievably low price.  Then I
read an article by Bob Vitrikas relating his experience in owning a 928.
When I learned that just a set service manuals comprised eight volumes
and cost $900, I thought twice.  When he spoke of a national search for a
muffler that he finally found at a bargain basement price of $750 (half
the normal price), I thought thrice.  Finally, when he likened his
experience to that of boat ownership-- the two happiest days of your life
are when you buy it and when you sell it-- I was convinced that I
couldn't afford the women it would attract.  <sigh> But somehow I still
think that some part of my life is unfulfilled.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX