Re: Good news and Bad news.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Good news and Bad news.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@inetco.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 08:06:37 -0600
At 03:59 AM 4/12/97 -0500, you wrote:

>TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! That's right I'm sitting here at 4:30 A.M.,

>watching the coffee brewing and eagerly awaiting the 6 A.M. departure

>to go and retrieve my 75 B from shop. Fresh rebuild, O/D where there

>once was none, only other very disturbed individuals could truely

>otherstand the excitement I'm feeling right now.

>On the flip side I'm pounding the pavement again, in search of

>employment again. My "dream" job didn't work out. At least my resume is

>still current and I'll be traveling in style to interviews.

>Safety Fast,

>David Deutsch

Well mine is the flip side. I started on this list over a year ago because I
too was "pounding the pavement" looking for work,

while surviving through a part time job with my Internet service provider. And
I had time on my hands.

I had to rely on used parts and minimal maintenance during that time. But
normally during good times, I stock up on spare parts so I had an inventory
which I used up then.

Now I have a fulltime job though the pay is not great. And my wife is working
again. So my dream of another lbc lives again, preferably an older convertible
(A or mid60's B).

The bad news - my OD stopped working some time ago and it is most likely the
expensive but easy to replace solenoid. And just two days ago, my speedometer
stopped working. Well its been five years on this last used right angle drive,
which is always the first thing I suspect. But with on OD transmission, the
space is more limited to work in so it will be a real pain getting it replaced.

But since we don't have a speed limit in Montana and I usually go by rpms, even
the speedometer is not critical. At laest now, I can afford to get it fixed.

And I'm even off the digest finally so I am more in tune with the list.
Sometimes I would go a few days wih no MG mail and then get several digests at
once.

So there is more good than bad, for sure.

<center><bigger>

David Councill

</bigger>dcouncil@imt.net

http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/index.html