Re: Good news and Bad news.

To: dcouncil@inetco.net
Subject: Re: Good news and Bad news.
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:37:06 EDT
David-
        Things are, in fact, looking up.  Once you get at the right angle
drive, you might discover that the nylon pinion inside the transmission
has been eaten up.  The cause on my B was a dry speedo cable, I think.
The really good news is that I can find no reason to keep either angle
drive (my 74 1/2 had one at each end) in the system.   If you still have
(or ever had) the 2 cable system, you can use one 70" cable from the OD
to the speedo head w/out the troublesome right angle drives.  I've used
this system for almost a year now w/ no ill effects.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com