Re: gas light on td's

To: Cat1cat@aol.com
Subject: Re: gas light on td's
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:43:33 -0400 (EDT)

<< how tough is it to turn down the needle in a su?? by turn down i mean
    reduce its
 diameter.. anyone done it ?? >>

WHY?  sometime the variation between one needle and the next in the sequence
ins only  a couple of thousandths at one or two points along the needle. And
it would only take a couple of extra thou. to really mess up the calibration
of the carbs.

  If you need a slightly richer needle, two alternatives;
  1.  purchase the next richer needle in the sequence.
  2.  Raise the needle in the piston (I assume you have the H series carbs
with fixed needle mount.) A slight (< 1/32" change in the needle height can
make a fair difference in the mixture. That's how we fine-tuned the H-4's
when we installed them on Harley's.

Just my tuppence worth

Rick