Re: (Fwd) warning

To: "bill and penny meyer" <pplusb@northlink.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: (Fwd) warning
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 07:37:55
>Date:          Sat, 12 Apr 1997 15:45:18 +0100
>From:          w_meyer@WESLEY.IT.EMERSON.EDU (William Meyer)
>Subject:       warning
>To:            william.meyer@alpha.oberlin.edu, smithhale@aol.com,
>
>>Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:14:39 -0400
>>From: Mark Cox <spig@emeraldis.com>
>>Subject: Re: Fwd: Fw: good thoughts and fairy dust (fwd)
>>To: Amul  Baby <amul@hotmail.com>, pleasants@hotmail.com,
>> jpolyn01@servax.fiu.edu, contryman7@aol.com, sugar_and_spice@juno.com,
>> jpressnall@juno.com, rhythm@hotmail.com, w_meyer@WESLEY.IT.EMERSON.EDU,
>> altredge@primenet.com, chelseam@juno.com, jtn3@dana.ucc.nau.edu,
>> xasaydav@ucsd.edu, derry@istar.ca, anj2@dana.ucc.nau.edu,
jells@primenet.com,
>> cik2@cornell.edu, nhansenb@juno.com
>>
>>if you get this twice, sorry.....
>>
>>The Edwin McCain Band Discussion Lis

>>there
>>e-mail

>>present.

>>you
>>relatives

>>~~

>>detect
>>this
>>> >>

>"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"
>"Young man, how is it that you do not?
>

>I understand everyones concern over virus's, but it has always been my
understasnding that a virus can only be bassed on through an executable
file, such as one that ends in "exe" or "com".  Additionally the file the
virus is attached to must be "run" for the virus to execute.  I think we
have been through this before on the list, not to say we should be prudent
but I don't believe that a virus can be passed on in the this way.  Any
thoughts?  Of course I will delete said message just in case......

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca