Re: (Fwd) warning

To: jroverca@tiac.net
Subject: Re: (Fwd) warning
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:19:48 -0400 (EDT)

<< >I understand everyones concern over virus's, but it has always been my
 understasnding that a virus can only be bassed on through an executable
 file, such as one that ends in "exe" or "com".  Additionally the file the
 virus is attached to must be "run" for the virus to execute.  I think we
 have been through this before on the list, not to say we should be prudent
 but I don't believe that a virus can be passed on in the this way.  Any
 thoughts?  Of course I will delete said message just in case......

This may be my ignorance, but what if the message has an attachment that is
downloaded or the mail is downloaded in a mail file onto your hard drive??

Scott