Master cylinder on 76B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Master cylinder on 76B
From: Adam Harmon <cyberman@mail.bright.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:42:59 -0400
   i have complete brake pressure failure.  I checked the master cylinder,
and there is no pressure.  I replaced the large rubber gaskets, but have
not been able to get to the smaller rubber gaskets that are on the rod that
is by the Brake pressure failure switch.  I opted to forget to replace
these smaller gaskets, as I cant get the rod out of the bore. it seems  the
only use for this rod is to let you know when you have brake pressure
failure.  After replacing the larger gaskets, i still didn't have pressure.
 I made sure the gaskets didn't fold backward when i put them in.  Now, my
question: If the smaller gaskets are bad, and the larger ones are good,
will this cause me not to get pressure to the brake lines?  if so, does
anyone have any tricks on how to get this small rod out of the bore? (mine
seems to be stuck in the bore, and i don't want to damage the master
cylinder)-Adam
See ya, and have a good day! -Adam